Tuesday 9 August 2011

Saha: I Almost Quit Over Injury Hell

Everton striker Louis Saha has revealed he considered hanging up his boots last season after growing frustrated with injuries.

The 33-year-old's career has been plagued with a series of injury problems and a calf strain suffered last September was almost the final straw for Saha.

That injury ruled him out of the France squad after receiving his first call-up in four years. Luckily, Saha decided not to retire and managed to return to fitness and help Everton rally in the second half of last season.

He soon got injured again.

"Retiring crossed my mind after my last cap with France when I had a really bad injury. It was really hard to take but now I've got older and I think I can cope more with this type of situation.

"Sometimes you feel really unlucky and that it's not made for you but I've got full confidence in myself and my ability so, while I've got the opportunity, I'm enjoying it."

Saha also took the opportunity to talk about the lack of transfer activity and pre-season preparations, saying that fans should trust the management of the club.

"They (the fans) should know the chairman and the board and the manager are trying hard. They're desperate to do something but if they're not doing something it's because they've got big reasons for that.

"You have to trust them. We trust them as players. Everybody is confident we're going to do something special this season. We've got so many players who are good enough to show that we can break the top five this year."

No comments:

Post a Comment